?

Log in

Transformers In Character!
Other Vacancies Part VI - Wind Turbine Project 
20th-Apr-2010 03:55 am
Slipstream
TFA Slipstream

Slipstream makes her way to the Wind Turbine Project Research and Development Facility. The Recent catastrophe, and the preceding storm had not affected her directly, but through causing injury to her friends and taking others she had known. Now that she knows those she cares about are safe, mending, or at least being looked to by others, she can inspect the facility for any damage.

The gray dome-shaped building on the southern outskirts of the settlement remains. She can see from below that the turbine mounted atop the dome is intact and in fact currently spinning, though something looks a bit off, but she is not sure if that is just the new presence of the island in the sky. It is usually (Bayverse) Starscream's domain to maintain this particular turbine, and Slipstream does not wish to intrude overly much on the purview of her - the Project's current Lead Research Scientist. It was so like a Starscream to be quickly promoted, too!

She continues into the Facility, quickly keying the code: 4-7-13-18-10-15.

Once inside, Slipstream immediately begins her way down into the sub-basements. Though others like (IDW) Skywarp and (Bayverse) Ironhide had been in the basements, only she and (Bayverse) Starscream thus far knew of the nuclear test chamber or the banks of computer servers, controls and archives. Earthquake plus already strained containment of nuclear isotopes does not seem a good combination.

Thankfully, the large circular chamber appears just as it did on her last visit, but the sound of warning tones from the control room down the short flight of stairs causes her some panic. The graphic user interface used to operate the facility has yet to be decoded, though she and (Bayverse) Starscream have both been able to intuit some function, given those mathematical and scientific constants which are universal, regardless of language or culture.

Slipstream bounds down the stairs and finds several monitors flashing one of the ancient or alien symbols: An equilateral triangle containing an something alike to an eye. What triggered this she does not know.

She will need to comm (Bayverse) Starscream to allow him to come check the turbine and test chamber, but she really needs to find someone who can help understand the symbols, and who made this facility they had adopted for manufacturing turbines. Plus, there is still the more practical matter of getting started on actual construction of the turbines.

Slipstream sends out Project update via the Public Notice Board system:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Wind Turbine Project

Volunteers wanted:
-Forge workers or metal smiths
-linguists
-information technology gurus

Inquire with Slipstream at the WTP R&D Facility for additional details.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------


[ooc: This is current physical post for the WTP for this week. Sorry it is a little later than other weeks. Direct any specific questions regarding the post or WTP to karanseraph. The facility itself is considered a community property, but Slipstream is the IC administrator and holder of the security codes to the door. Current and prospective members of the Project Team are most welcome to use the post. Comm members in general are also free to visit, but should expect some questions about their intentions, announcements of restricted areas, and recruitment speeches.]
Comments 
20th-Apr-2010 08:31 am (UTC)

*Bored, directionless ant is bored. He also has a rather deep fondness for fire, and though he knows nothing about shaping metal, he does know what a forge is, and that it involves fire and melting things. Thus he is drawn to the WRP R&D Facility with a hopeful gleam in his optics*

*stops at the door to the facility and knocks* Hello? It is Inferno! I am looking for Slipstream!
20th-Apr-2010 09:21 pm (UTC)
TFA Slipstream

*Comes up from the stairwell and arrives in main corridor, connecting the entry with the forge, which encompasses half of the ground floor.*

Inferno. How has the Royalty been treating you? Here for a visit or on business?

*steps up to security console located in entryway.*
20th-Apr-2010 09:29 pm (UTC)

*shrugs* The Royalty does not keep me busy enough. They mean well, I know, but I simply cannot help it; I feel like I should be doing something more. And I saw your notice, about needing workers...

*peers around her, the scents and sounds of the forge drifting out to his sensors* I am very good with fire.
20th-Apr-2010 09:47 pm (UTC)
TFA Slipstream

Excellent. Allow me to show you around. We are still undergoing some resoration to this facility and not all devices have power, but we just got the forge and its furnace working.

*continues as she leads way along corridor.*

This round chamber may have been a transport device, but we have not restored power to it or been able to test. Stairwells go up or down. Make use of any office, storage, or workspace upstairs. Do not go below the second sub-basement without escort from Starscream or myself.
20th-Apr-2010 11:36 pm (UTC)

*follows behind Slipstream, nodding as he listens. All he's interested in is the forge, but he pays attention and files it all away, anyway*

When would you like me to start?
21st-Apr-2010 12:17 am (UTC)
Bayverse Starscream

Starscream, before going on to set up his latest project, flies to the Research facility. His first stop, the roof, leaves him with an interesting discovery. The turbine atop the facility now carries a suspiciously red hue. Taking a small sample of the structure's coating, Starscream puzzles what in the storm and resulting earthquake could have caused that.

The tripod mast has suffered damage, but nothing some welding and patching can't fix. Shortly thereafter it is finished, and Starscream checks its power output records. They are lower than he'd hoped, likely due to the rather patchwork assemblage, and the demands from the facility--even just the bare essentials--are hardly being met.

With a frown, Starscream finished up on the roof, then flies to the ground, making for the front door, comming Slipstream.


[comm] This is Starscream. What is your location? [/comm]

21st-Apr-2010 12:26 am (UTC)
TFA Slipstream

Comm: //I am within the R&D Facility. Where are you?//

Edited at 2010-04-21 05:24 am (UTC)
21st-Apr-2010 05:27 am (UTC)
Bayverse Starscream

Starscream stops in front of the door.

Why, just outside...of course.
21st-Apr-2010 05:40 am (UTC)
TFA Slipstream

Is standing just inside the entry, at the security console.

Of course!
21st-Apr-2010 05:43 am (UTC)
Bayverse Starscream

Waiting the moment for the doors to open, Starscream steps inside. The lobby looks familiar, though it no longer contains Ramjet's head.

So nice of you to permit me.
21st-Apr-2010 12:34 am (UTC)
Ramjet had put himself into recharge after his last scintillating 'conversation' with his own body. Yeah, he liked his body more than anyone else did, but it was still boring to sit and stare at it day in and day out.

But now he was awake, and he wasn't quite sure why. Carefully opening his optics, he looked around the room, but only saw his body, which was still strapped down. Hmm. Nothing new here.

Then he heard someone moving around in the building. "HEY!" he shouted. "Hey! Someone get me out of here! Or fix my body already or something!"
21st-Apr-2010 12:48 am (UTC)
TFA Slipstream

Ramjet, I am back, now. Do you wish to risk reconnecting your head and body, now?
21st-Apr-2010 12:56 am (UTC)
What, it's still 'too risky'? I can fly into solid walls without injury, I'd think reattaching a head would be easy. *cranky Ramjet is cranky!*
21st-Apr-2010 01:03 am (UTC)
TFA Slipstream

Very well. On your head be it. Just let me collect the tools.

Slipstream moves away from the table large table to collect tools from another part of the room.
21st-Apr-2010 01:33 am (UTC)
You're a witty one, aren't you?

*He can't see her, whever she's moved, but that certainly sounds like she's doing something that'll help him!*
21st-Apr-2010 11:11 am (UTC)
G1 Rumble

Rumble is still feeling rather irritated with himself and Vortex because he missed the grand opportunity of sneaking in some quakes of his own during the naturally occuring earthquake - which, really, considering everything, was downright insulting, earthquakes were supposed to be his domain. Naturally occuring earthquakes were cheating.

With such cheerful thoughts occupying his processor, he's rather disgruntled as he approaches the WTP R&D Facility. He's very relieved as he catches sight of the dome-shaped building, still standing upright and looking undamaged as far as he can judge it from a distance. As he reaches the building and circles it in a cursory inspection of the exterior, he finds his first impression confirmed. The building seems to have survived the earthquake unscathed. Slipstream had chosen it well, he admits grudgingly, and his mood lifts slightly.

He approaches the door and scowls at the sight of the passcode-protected door. Security being his responsibility and him being a very distrustful cassette, he approves of the measure. In general. Except when it means he's locked out as well...

Mood swinging back to grumpy, he comms Slipstream. //Open the door, pretty femme.//

He makes a mental note to talk to Slipstream as soon as possible about getting his own passcode and discuss if she wants him to install any further security systems.
21st-Apr-2010 02:51 pm (UTC)
TFA Slipstream

*knows she left the door unlocked, but realizes this was not very secure.*

Comm: //Enter, Rumble. The doors are now unlocked.//
21st-Apr-2010 03:05 pm (UTC)
G1 Rumble

*is happily oblivious that the door had been unlocked, otherwise, his mood would have taken another plunge for feeling stupid*

//Thanks, pretty one! Where are you? Anything in particular you need me to do? I've been thinking about further security systems... Maybe some surveillance cameras... I guess I won't be getting mines and spring guns?// *only half-joking, that'd be really cool*
21st-Apr-2010 03:32 pm (UTC)
TFA Slipstream

*goes to console in entryway, where Ramjet's head used to sit.*

Now we at least have partial power, it looks like this is a security console. I still do not understand the icons in this GUI, but I think the equilateral triangle indicates objects in our air space, given it flashed at Starscream's arrival. Maybe you can figure it out, or see if surveillance devices feed here.
21st-Apr-2010 07:04 pm (UTC)
G1 Rumble

*joins Slipstream and listens attentively as she explains the functions to him*

Oh, yeah, I can try...

*cassette is very doubtful, as he doesn't has the best track record with technology... to say the least. But, he realizes, he knows some people who are very smart and better with technology. Maybe he can bribe one of them into helping him with this. Otherwise, there's always his favourite method, the 'let's push this button and see what happens* method of trial and error...*

Alright, pretty femme, I'll see what I can do. If I can find someone smart to help me figure this out, is it alright if I bring them here?

*looks to the place where Ramjet's head is conspiciously absent*

Where did Ramjet go and do you want me to hack off some mech's head so we get a new mascot? *asks this with a straight face, but his visor sparkles mischievously*
26th-Apr-2010 04:09 pm (UTC)
Bayverse Starscream

Next to a few bins of small parts of every description, the only large screen they've been able to use they way they'd like displaying a very complex schematic and other information, and an incredible pile of sheet metal and a few mast sections, Starscream looks less than pleased. He had thought this would be a welcome break, sinking back into the once familiar puzzle solving of engineering, but it's not proving so. It's really quite a shame that smaller scale turbines will not power anything beyond the basest of energy needs. The issue with larger turbines, of course, is that nearly every part will need to be specially manufactured. He's managed to get one of the larger milling machines operational...not that there is enough power to work it long enough. While waiting for battery storage to accumulate enough power for another run, Starscream comms Swindle, to get another item off his to-do list.

[comm] Swindle. I am...in need of a particular item. A projector. I will meet you--what is your location? [/comm]
26th-Apr-2010 04:15 pm (UTC)
TFA Swindle

As usual the con was busy adding some new items to his collection, bits and pieces of scrap that he had picked up while he had been wandering around amongst other things. When his comm activated, an optic ridge arched as he saw who it was from, the con setting aside the weapon he had been fawning over as his lip components twitched into a smirk.


//A projector, hm? Interesting choice.\\ He pondered the question the seeker tossed out, glancing around his little hoard-cave. //I'm somewhere. How about I come to you? Less of a clutter to deal with if we do things that way.\\
26th-Apr-2010 04:36 pm (UTC)
Bayverse Starscream

[comm] Very well. I require a projector capable of superimposing terrestrial films on an approximately 500 square foot area. I am at the Research Facility. I am sure we can come to an agreement regarding your...compensation. [/comm]
26th-Apr-2010 04:40 pm (UTC)
TFA Swindle

//I'll see what I can do for you and be there shortly. And I have no doubts you'll have some interesting things to offer me, friend~\\
26th-Apr-2010 04:44 pm (UTC)
Bayverse Starscream

[comm] Of course. I will instruct our...security to grant you access to the premises. I...trust you can contain yourself. [/comm]

Starscream closes the channel rather abruptly, glaring at the milling machine's computer bypass, willing it to work faster.
This page was loaded Jul 28th 2017, 11:23 am GMT.